Marketing Cloud and Experience Administrator (CRM)
San Mateo County Community College District
Posting Number: 20141405S
Department: ITS DIST (DEPT)
Location: District Office
Position Number: TBD
Percentage of Full Time: 100%
FLSA: Exempt (does not accrue overtime)
Months per Year: 12
If other, please specify:
Min Salary: $116,808 (annual)
Max Salary: $147,984 (annual)
Position Type: Administrative/Supervisory Positions
Who We Are:
The San Mateo County Community College District is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the Districts Strategic Plan, "success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals." The Districts "Students First" Strategic Plan is focused on "Student Success, Equity and Social Justice." We provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences - emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders. When you join our team at San Mateo County Community College District, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners.
The College and the District:
The San Mateo County Community College District is home to Caada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. All three of our colleges are designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions enrolling approximately 28,000 students each academic year. San Mateo County Community College District has a diverse student population that is a reflection of the communities that it serves. Detailed information about the student population, including data related to student success, can be found on the San Mateo County Community College Districts Educational Services & Planning website.
Who We Want:
We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities and orientations. Therefore, we prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional educational community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with faculty, classified staff, administration, students and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps. The San Mateo County Community College District seeks employees who value mentorship and working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve their educational goals.
The Marketing Cloud and Experience Administrator is a member of the CRM Team in the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department, and they will work closely with the CRM System Administrator and the CRM Senior Programmer. The person in this position will be someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. The Marketing Cloud and Experience Administrator is responsible for day-to-day activities in Marketing Cloud and Design and user experience in the Experience Cloud (Community Cloud). In Marketing Cloud this person will lead the design and maintenance of Marketing Cloud including journeys, automation, data extensions, synchronization, and audit trail monitoring. This person will also lead activities in Experience Cloud to improve the experience for students and other stakeholders. This includes implementing new design features, improvements, and customizations, as well as configuring Lightning Components, Experience Cloud components, and digital experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
Marketing Cloud System Administrator
- Primary contact/lead for Marketing Cloud
- Collaborate with the Salesforce System Administrator, third party vendors/consultants, Campus Marketing Teams, ITS (Information Technology Services), and other stakeholders
- Grant/remove and maintain user licenses for Marketing Cloud
- Maintain security, including sharing rules and security levels to Marketing Cloud, and Marketing related Objects
- Perform daily administration and support of Marketing Cloud and related Objects including but not limited to creating/managing business units, security settings including custom roles and permissions, automation, data imports and synchronization, data extensions, and audit trail monitoring
- Lead development and maintenance of Journeys in Marketing Cloud including but not limited to Recruitment Messages, Matriculation Messages, Registration Messages, Program Specific Messages, etc.
- Lead the implementation of new releases of Marketing Cloud and various related applications in use (Salesforce.com, Salesforce.org, Enrollment Rx (ERX), Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL), Marketing Cloud Connect, etc.) Research and share new features, make recommendations on new features, and understand how they impact our organization to ensure we are taking full advantage of offerings
- Participate in new project discovery, configuration design, testing, and deployment. Have a strong understanding of business requirements, and make recommendations for solutions
- Proactively learn newly implemented systems/tools outside the enhancement workstream
- Assist in training, troubleshooting, and support with end users in Marketing Cloud
- Assist users with dynamic content using AMPScript. Maintain and enhance data extensions using SQL activities in the automation studio
- Build reports and manage data extensions in Marketing Cloud that provide real-time insight into operations and outcomes
- Regularly dedupe records and maintain user roles within our organizational limits
- Provide design expertise, best practices, and guidance in Experience Cloud and other Salesforce Objects
- Improve Experience Cloud user experience with design improvements and customization
- Direct customer engagement to help them derive value from their Experience Cloud (AKA Community Cloud) solutions
- Enable digital experiences across multiple channels
- Measure adoption and engagement for Experience users
- Apply brand and design pages to Experience Cloud, Mobile, etc.
- Configure Experience Builder Components and Lightning Components
- Understand the out-of-the-box capabilities and limitations, and when to customize including developing strategies for accessibility and inclusion
- Comfort with HTML, CSS
- Assist in the integration of other tools with Experience Cloud
- Demonstrated ability to capture design business requirements, translate those requirements to technical/business solution options, and be able to communicate those effectively back to the customer, both from a technical and business aspect
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in computer science or a closely related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of Salesforce.com experience or equivalent
- 3-5 years of system administration or end-user support experience in an IT environment
- Experience in design, development, or marketing
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
This classification requires sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, touch screen, and mouse in order to perform the essential functions.
Equivalence to Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Team player with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Great communication skills with an enthusiastic personality
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong data management abilities
- Proven ability to work with persons of varying cultures and backgrounds
- Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) Certified preferred
- Salesforce.com Marketing Cloud Administrator or Developer Certified preferred
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. The District pays all or a portion of monthly medical plan premiums (depending on the coverage) and pays all of the monthly dental and vision plan premiums for employees and eligible dependents. Additional paid benefits include life insurance, salary continuance insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Classified employees participate in the Public Employees Retirement System, a defined-benefit retirement plan through the State of California. Optional tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans are also available.
Open Date: 11/14/2022
First Review Date: 01/31/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
Required Application Materials All applicants are required to submit:
1. A completed online District application form (go to https://jobs.smccd.edu to complete the application and to apply for this position).
2. A resume that details all relevant education, training, and other work experience.
3. A cover letter of no more than 3 pages that addresses the applicants cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff as well as the applicants qualifications as they relate to the requirements, knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in this announcement.
Candidates for interview will be selected from among those who most closely meet the requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to demonstrate job-related knowledge and skills.
For questions related to this posting, please contact:
SMCCCD Office of Human Resources
3401 CSM Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402
Tel.: (650) 574-6555
Fax: (650) 574-6574
Web Page: https://smccd.edu/humanresources/
Conditions of Employment:
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following:
1. Submit official transcripts (applies to all faculty or educational administrative positions)
2. Submit verifications of prior employment
3. Satisfactory references
4. Successfully being cleared for employment through the background checking process
In addition to background checks, the District may review publicly available information about a candidate on the Internet. If a candidate is aware of incorrect or inaccurate information that is available on the Internet, the candidate is welcome to address such an issue with the Office of Human Resources.
5. Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
6. Approval of your employment by the SMCCCD Board of Trustees
7. Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis exam for initial employment.
8. Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment). Please note that the California Education Code requires, in part, that community college districts shall not employ or retain in employment persons in public school service who have been convicted of certain felonies, a misdemeanor drug charge (including alcohol offenses) or misdemeanor moral turpitude (sexual offense) crime. However, consideration may be given to those whose drug convictions occurred more than five years ago. A conviction for other crimes may not necessarily disqualify you from the job for which you may be applying.
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that special accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process. Accommodation requests and a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures can be made by completing our: Applicant Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
Annual Security Report:
San Mateo County Community College Districts (SMCCCD) 2021 Annual Security Report (ASR), required by the Clery Act, includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by SMCCCD; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from SMCCCD. Our 2021 Annual Security Report also outlines various campus safety and security policies, such as those concerning crime reporting, prevention and response to sexual and gender violence, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, emergency response and evacuation procedures, and other matters. The 2021 Annual Security Report also includes important tips to help every member of the community remain safe and avoid becoming a victim of crime. The 2021 Annual Security Report is now available. You can also obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Department of Public Safety at the District Office or any of the three Campuses (650) 738-7000. The report includes information about criminal activity on our campuses, emergency procedures and resources.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency