Accessibility Resources Director & ADA Compliance Officer (AA21110)
Division: Diversity and Inclusion
Department: Accessibility Resources
Unit: Accessibility Resources211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2020 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range D*
Salary Minimum: $51,311
Salary Maximum: $94,744
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Accessibility Resources Director and ADA Compliance Officer is responsible for coordinating University programs and responsibilities to assure compliance with the Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990; the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2009; the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Fair Housing Act (FHA) other federal and state laws pertaining to higher education and disability. This position is responsible for the management, staff supervision and functioning of the MSU Accessibility Resources Director Office.
- Graduate degree in appropriate field (Special Education, Higher Education, Disability Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology, Law) (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
5 years experience that includes the following aspects:
- Familiarity with the state or local governments structure, activities, and employees.
- Knowledge of the ADA and other laws addressing the rights of people with disabilities, such as Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, 29 U.S.C. 794.
- Experience with people with a broad range of disabilities.
- Knowledge of various alternative formats and alternative technologies that enable people with disabilities to communicate, participate, and perform tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the local government and people with disabilities.
- Familiarity with any local disability advocacy groups or other disability groups.
- Skills and training in negotiation and mediation.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Broad management skills and experience in personnel supervision, program development and budget management.
- Current knowledge of law, policy, practice and literature on the full range of disability services in higher education.
- Ability to develop and monitor accommodation plans for students when appropriate documentation is presented.
- Ability to work with faculty and others regarding provision of services to student clients.
- Current knowledge of literature and practice in instructional development, including assessment of student abilities, study skills and learning styles.
- Strong working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act as they relate to students with disabilities and to know the rights and responsibilities of persons with disabilities as well as those of the university.
- Possession of general office skills, good writing and computer skills.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Assistant Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN States vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the schools policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M064M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 09/24/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1688
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency